-->

Monday, October 15, 2012

2-Part Tricep KickBack for Tone and Shape

This is not only a great exercise for shaping the triceps in a popular area of the arm for many females wanting more tone and firmness, but also a re-defining; a new chapter perhaps, of an exercise that has been around for years. 
I find a common desire with my female clients is to tone the back of the arm.  This exercise will add one non-traditional movement at the end, that when done correctly, will produce faster results in toning and tightening the Triceps (back of the arm).

START (Part 1)
 Starting with one knee on the bench and the upper body being supported by locking out the non-exercising arm, start with the exercising arm bent in a 90 angle at your side.  
The elbow remains in place while you are performing the arm extension-Part 2 Below.

Part 2
Arm will extend to fully locked position to engage the triceps muscle in the back of the arm.  This is the typical ending of one repetition to the old form of this exercise.  My form requires one more motion:

Part 3 
With arm fully extended (from Part 2), physically extend the straight, locked arm as high up as you can toward the ceiling.  This additional movement will provide an additional burn at the top of the triceps, creating a faster result in toning and arm definition.  
NOTE: To repeat movement, remember that the elbow has to stop by the side of the body again, 
before lowering the dumbbell directly below the shoulder (Start Position/Part 1).

Light Weights are Better than Heavy Weights for This Movement
Sample Exercise Set: 4 Sets Each Arm, 12-15 Repetitions

- Zeke Samples -


2 comments:

  1. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this blog. It's
    simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's tough to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance. I must say you've done a superb job with this.
    Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Safari.
    Outstanding Blog!

    Here is my blog post Click This Link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your website have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to send you an
    e-mail. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

    My site - similar internet page

    ReplyDelete