-->

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Flavorful and Healthy: 2 Indian Dishes that Fill You Up, Not Fill You Out


I am not a huge fan of lots of curry in foods, but I have been introduced to a few items recently that don't contain lots, if any curry, at a local Charlotte restaurant that has become one of my favorite weekend dining spots.  

On Sunday, The Blue Taj has a brunch buffet that is full of flavor, an ever-changing menu, and provides the perfect opportunity for someone who hasn't eaten Indian Food, to explore the many varieties of dishes.  It was exciting to let my taste buds run free, and in the process, I found two dishes that have become repeat "must-have's" whenever I go.  One is a snack, the other is an entree; neither leave me feeling bloated or tired; which is commonly the case when I eat other international foods; for example, Italian or Chinese.  

Give these a try !! 
Enjoy the experience !! 
Let me know what you think !!

Pani Pudri:
It is known by different names based on the region – Gol Gappa (East India), Pani Puri (West & South India) or Puchka (North India). It consists of a round, hollow puri, fried crisp and filled with a mixture of water ("pani"), tamarindchilichaat masalapotato, onion and chickpeas. It is small enough to fit completely into one's mouth.

I chose to eat mine with these Included Ingredients: Chick Peas, Tomatoes, Onions, with Tamarind Chutney (Brown) and Mint (Green).





















Chicken Masala: is a dish of roasted chicken chunks (tikka) in a spicy (masala) sauce. The sauce is usually creamy, spiced and orange-coloured. Chicken tikka masala has been said to be the most popular dish in British restaurants and it has been called "a true British national dish."

I chose to eat mine with Typical Ingredients : (Cumin, Ginger, Cloves, Garlic, Onions, Coriander) along with Indian Rice

- Zeke Samples -

No comments:

Post a Comment